Throughout my time at uni until couple months back, saving on food never crossed my mind or nevertheless something I would have ever considered. PrĂȘt A Manger and Starbucks were my two most common stores where I'll rush into for a quick breakfast. With such commonly and well known stores on the market, I find that it is extremely easy to spend when the belly is speaking and when the last note and few coins are available.
Thank God, realisation came to mind!
Back in 2012 I decided eating the old McDonald every time for lunch was not a good idea. From this point onwards I decided that the money I spent whilst I was at work for lunch was better off to go on food which I could add more condiments to.
Getting into the habit is not easy but it surely saves you two things: Time (You become organised and you plan ahead and you also enjoy your break more whilst everyone is rushing to eat) and cash! (You discipline yourself not to spend on the extra chocolate bar).
Ever since, I've set myself a budget where I either spend £20 or less or no more than £20 - the rest goes into my piggy bank! Oink Oink!
Tips/Review:
I plan ahead for the food I eat, since I budget and carefully plan what I have bought to make, it allows me to prepare my food well in advance as my work schedules varies from when I start or finish. I have worked out how much it cost me to eat weekly and I have managed to cut it down from £25 to £20 a week on food. My food is becoming a lot healthier too but I still treat myself with the odd few extra coins on my McDonald Apple Pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment